I ended up with a late lunch today but I was so glad when I walked along by the river and noticed a swan’s cygnets were hatching… so I stood and watched as 6 or 7 of the little fluffy babies emerged from their eggs, were cleaned up by their mother, and started to walk around. So very cute. Thankfully I had my trusty finepix f10 with me so took some snaps (from a safe distance – swans can be evil!).
Hatching cygnets… see the one by the top of the swan’s head
Before and after washing and drying
Making a run for it
The one on the left got stuck on its back… wanted to go and rescue it!
I’m not suggesting these photos are anything special but if you do wish to use them anywhere please make sure you ask me first, thanks.
Share... Share... Share!
- Perfect Poached Eggs – thanks to Cling Film
- Snap Happy: 7th September
- Snap Happy: 29th August
- Snap Happy BritMums: 27th May
- iDuck Bathroom Speaker and Radio
- Baking Mad Easter Carrot Cake
- MaltEaster Mini Bunnies
- Year in Photos (30 Oct 2011) – Dedication
- A Thermostat That Learns – Nest Learning Thermostat
- Screme Egg!