Review: Jordans Crunchy Oat Granola – Raisin & Almond
Thanks to that Jenny Craig trial I did at the back end of last year I have got into a routine of eating breakfast again. Most days, that is; some days I just don’t fancy anything, but most days I’ll have some cereal or porridge or a banana or something like that. I’ve actually been trying out a range of breakfast cereals over the last few weeks – this is the first of three posts courtesy of three brands.
I do enjoy a nice granola. This is Jordans Crunchy Oat Granola – Raisin & Almond, and it is really good. Apart from the clusters of oats and it’s also (obviously) got nuts and raisins in, which add texture and sweetness. A 45g portion (which isn’t actually that much – who decides on portion sizes for cereals?!) contains 188 calories, 2g fibre, 5.5g fat (of which 1g is saturated fat) and 11.7g of sugar.
One thing I like about granola is it doesn’t go soggy from the milk (unless you’re really slow!), and so it has crunch. That combined with the chewy raisins and smooth nuts makes for some lovely and very satisfying mouthfuls.
Granola is supposed to be good for baking too so I attempted some biscuits thanks to a recipe on the Jordan’s website, which I burnt, oops. They tasted great though – I will have to try them again sometime soon and cook them less.
Thank you to Jordans for helping to make my breakfasts a pleasure – it’s even made in the UK (Biggleswade, if you’re interested). I already really enjoy your Country Crisp and I’ll definitely be adding this to my “buy regularly” list.
Share... Share... Share!
- Review: Cadbury’s Marvellous Creations Cola Pretzel Honeycomb
- Twinings Celebrate 80 Years of English Breakfast Tea
- Review: Special K Multi-Grain Porridge
- A Not-So-Good Night at Premier Inn MK
- Review: Graze.com Breakfast Delivery
- Road Trip to Norfolk to See the Sea
- Review: Rachel’s Organic Mango Yogurt
- Review: New Elizabeth Shaw Chocolate Bars
- Review: Twinings Everyday Tea Blends
- Haven’t You Grown?! How I’ve Changed Linky Challenge.