Bath Bombs Workshop at Rock+Paper+Scissors
A few weeks ago I spent a rather splendid evening with some girl friends at Rock+Paper+Scissors in Lincoln (I introduced them to you here when they first opened) taking part in one of their many craft workshops. The idea is simple – get creative over tea and cake. They have a varied programme; knitting, crochet, paper craft, sewing, rag rugging, brooches, all sorts.
The workshop I chose was to make bath bombs – you know, the fizzing balls of soap that you put in your bath to soften the water and fill the room with fragrance. They are really expensive in the shops and I loved the idea of making my own. We made bath tea too, which is really fragrant.
Here’s the workshop in pictures…
I did write down the bath bomb and bath tea recipe so I could perhaps attempt to make some at home to give as gifts, and I toyed with the idea of sharing it here, but actually I think it’s something that you need to learn by doing with someone giving instructions as you go along… so if you want to make your own then I’d recommend a workshop at Rock+Paper+Scissors!
I paid £12 for the workshop which included all the materials I needed (except the tub and jam jar which I took with me) as well as copious amounts of earl grey tea and a slice of beautiful lemon drizzle cake. The event was 6pm to 9pm and was well worth the time and money. I will be going back for another workshop as soon as I can.
Oh, and if anyone wants to buy me this pendant I spotted in the shop that would be awesome – ta!
Share... Share... Share!
- My Week in Photos 25 Nov to 1 Dec 2013
- #BEDN 19 > Newsflash – Found Cash
- #BEDN 12 > Your Hometown – Lincoln
- #BEDN 2 > Something You Made
- My Week in Photos 21 to 27 Oct 2013
- Sunday Soliloquy – Craftsmanship
- Lincolnshire Sausage Festival and Food and Farming Festival
- Twinings Celebrate 80 Years of English Breakfast Tea
- My Week in Photos 14 to 20 Oct 2013
- Defeated by Spires and Steeples 2013