A while ago I said you’d be getting three breakfast cereal posts in quick succession. That was a month ago now. Oops. Anyway, here’s the second!
Kelloggs have introduced four new cereals with lower sugar to give us a good balanced start to the day. Aimed at children (and considered healthy enough to be advertised on children’s telly), they are made with wholegrain, are high in fibre, and are a good source of Vitamin D. The range includes new Coco Pops Croc Prints, Rice Krispies Multi-Grain Shapes Strawberry, Honey Loops and Honey Pops.
I might not have children but I do enjoy a bowl of cereal (at any time of the day!) and so Kelloggs sent me a box of each of the new range to try. I’ve been singing this ever since they arrived…
Well ok they’re not honey NUT loops – just miss that bit out – but they are really tasty. Both the loops and the Honey Pops have a nice sweet-with-honey flavour. Between these two similar cereals the loops are easier to eat – softer in texture – but the pops last longer in the milk without going soggy.
The Coco Pops Croc Prints were lovely. Just like Coco Pops in taste, turning the milk suitably chocolaty, these were just as I’d hoped they’d be. And if they’re better for me than traditional Coco Pops then I’m happy.
It was the Strawberry Rice Krispie Shapes I was most concerned about. I mean I love (love love) Coco Pops but I wasn’t at all sure about a Strawberry flavoured cereal. And to be honest I’m still not. I think they’re designed to be to strawberry what Coco Pops are to chocolate, but for me it doesn’t work so well. The thing that puts me off them is they go grey – food just shouldn’t be grey.
You don’t have to take my thoughts on the new Kelloggs breafast cereals for granted as I have one of each of the new range to give away to one of my readers.
One winner will receive a box each of Coco Pops Croc Prints, Rice Krispies Multi-Grain Shapes Strawberry, Honey Loops and Honey Pops.
That should keep you going for a few days!
To be in with a chance of winning all you have to do is comment on this post with the answer to this question, making sure you leave an email address or twitter name so I can contact you if you win:
My favourite time to eat breakfast cereal is… ?
I will leave the giveaway open for a week so you have until next Sunday 7th April to enter. Make sure you give the rules below a read through, and tell your friends and family to enter too.
- This competition is open to UK residents only.
- You must be aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
- The competition closes at 8pm on Sunday 7th April 2013.
- Entry is by making a relevant comment answering the given question.
- Entrants must include a valid email address or a twitter ID in the box provided (will not be published). This is so I can contact you if you win.
- You can only enter once. If you post more than one comment only your first will count as entry into the competition.
- Members of my immediate family cannot enter (sorry!).
- The winners will be picked at random from all eligible entries and be announced on Splodz Blogz soon after the closing date.
- The prize is some cereal from Kelloggs.
- The winners must respond to their email from Splodz Blogz within two days or I reserve the right to re-draw.
- Your details will only be used for the purpose of this competition. The prize will be sent directly by Kelloggs.
- You don’t get any extra entries for tweeting or posting about this competition anywhere, but I don’t mind if you do (go on… you know you want to!).
- Oh… and my decision is final (I like saying that!).
The best way to find out first who won this competition is to subscribe to Splodz Blogz by email or in a reader. Use the links over on the right to do this. You can also connect with Splodz Blogz on facebook and twitter if you fancy it!