Review: Um Bongo
I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist – anyone around my age can most probably remember some or all of that advert for Um Bongo, a juice drink aimed at kids waaaaaaaaaay back.
And now it’s back!
Actually there are two versions now – the original one, which is a combination of Apple, Lemon, Orange, Pineapple, Passion Fruit and Mandarin juices (along with water, sugar and other ingredients), and an orange one.
Um Bongo is of course a tropical fruit juice drink with added vitamin C. It is just as I remember it – a proper throwback to my childhood. It is thin – watery rather than pulpy – and very sweet.
The same applies to the orange one I tried. Not orange juice, but an orange juice drink. It’s like having squash ready made from a carton.
I was so excited when I received these samples of Um Bongo, I couldn’t wait to give them a try, they simply couldn’t chill fast enough. And I wasn’t disappointed with the drinks at all – I enjoyed them, they made me smile, they brought back memories. But I do wonder whether these will be as popular now. I hope so.
Share... Share... Share!
- #BEDN 2 > Something You Made
- Lincoln Launches Hirebike Scheme
- Thinking About Autumn… Shoes!
- Review: Sour Patch Kids Soda Popz
- Review: SIGG Classic Bottle and Alu Box
- Review: Dad’s Root Beer
- My Bunnies Will Want a Bed!
- Review: McCain Caribbean Wedges
- Review: Ozeri Serafino Glasses
- Review: Vita Coco Coconut Water