This is another recipe using that Capricorn Somerset Goats Cheese I was sent recently as part of the Capricorn Challenge. This time I went for a very (very) simple chicken dish.
Splodz’s Chicken and Goats Cheese Wrapped in Bacon
Mid week meals have to be easy and use ingredients I have in the house. This one is so simple, and can be served with whatever you fancy.
- Chicken breast per person
- Capricorn Somerset Goats Cheese, sliced
- Bacon – enough for 2/3 rashers per person
- Score the top of the chicken breasts three or four times on the top (don’t cut all the way through), and place the sliced goats cheese on top.
- Wrap the bacon around the chicken/goats cheese trying to create a seal to stop the goats cheese from escaping during cooking.
- Put in the oven at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
I said it was simple!
Once again you can taste the goats cheese really well in this dish. Until making this I had always used cheddar but I think this is much superior, and it didn’t melt to a runny mess like cheddar seems to. The chicken was lovely and moist.
I chose to serve mine on this occasion with roasted sweet and white potato (cut really small so they cooked at the same time as the chicken – half an hour meals are perfect for weekday evenings), onion rings and peas. We had some barbecue sauce with the chicken (mainly to dip the onion rings in), but you could add that during cooking if you wanted to.
Check out my other Capricorn Challenge recipe – Chicken and Goats Cheese Risotto.