I am very pleased to announce a new photo contest here on Splodz Blogz, one that I hope will appeal to your wild side this summer.
As part of their wild summer campaign, I have teamed up with Wild Things Publishing to launch the Splodz Blogz Wild Summer Photo Contest – to encourage you to get outside and enjoy the outdoors by taking part in some cool and fun activities. Get outdoors, enjoy nature, try something new, be adventurous, go somewhere fun, tick something off your bucket list, learn a new outdoors related skill, or any number of other awesome things. There are so many possibilities, and there really are no excuses!
I’m looking for your photographs that capture an element of getting wild this summer.
I have two copies of Wild Things Publishing’s Wild Guide (Southern and Eastern England) to giveaway, so get involved and show me your wild side.
Wild Guide is a new compendium of outdoor adventure inspiration, featuring loads of hidden places to visit in southern and eastern England, including ideas for slow food and wilder accommodation. From places to go wild swimming, secret beaches, lost ruins, ancient woods, meadows and orchards, there are over 1,000 ideas of places to go and things to do for all kinds of people. The book covers Southern and Eastern England including all around London, from the Cotswolds to Kent, and from Norfolk to the New Forest – so a large chunk of England. Even if you don’t live in the area covered (like me), it’s fantastic inspiration and will give you loads of ideas on how to get wild this summer.
So get out there, do something wild, take a photo and share it with me. I can’t wait to see all your images – let’s inspire each other.
How to Enter my Wild Summer Photo Contest
Entering is very simple… go and do something wild, take a photo that captures that moment and might inspire others to try it, and share it with me using #wildsplodz.
You can enter in one of two ways (or both, if you like):
You have until midnight (here in the UK) on Sunday 16 August to take part – that gives you a whole month to do something fun outdoors and share your snaps. You can enter as many times as you like between now and the closing date, as long as you’re following me and use the tag #wildsplodz your photo will be included when I come to choose the winner. Even more reason to get outdoors right now!
The winning photographs will be the ones I decide are the best – not necessarily the most technical (although being in focus and well framed will help), but rather from a thematic point of view. Show me that you are enjoying your journey this summer by doing something wild. Whether your shot is wild or not will be up to me… feel free to caption your pictures to help me out!
Oh, and if you also tag your photograph with #wildsummer (on either social media) you’ll also be entered into the Wild Things Publishing own photo competition to win £100 books. Find out more about that competition here. Got to be worth a try!
- Photographs must be original (your own work) and be taken and shared during the period of this competition – Friday 17 July to Sunday 16 August 2015.
- Entry is by following Splodz on twitter and posting a photograph on twitter OR by following Splodz on instagram and posting a photograph on instagram. All photos must be tagged with #wildsplodz.
- You can enter as many photographs as you like during the #wildsplodz competition period.
- My two favourite photographs will each win a copy of Wild Guide (Southern and Eastern England) from Wild Things Publishing. The prize will be sent directly from the publisher. The winners will be announced on Splodz Blogz soon after the closing date, and will be contacted via the social media on which their photograph was published.
- My decision is final. My family can enter if they like but I they can’t win even if I love their photo the best. The winners must be over 18 and have a UK delivery address.
- You don’t gain any extra entries by sharing, re-tweeting or printing out #wildsplodz photos and posting on your bedroom wall, but it might be nice and would certainly inspire others to get wild this summer.
- Please note that separate terms and conditions apply to the Wild Things Publishing #wildsummer competition, and you should check those if you are entering both competitions with the same photograph.