Let’s face it, if you want to get outdoors in the UK, the one piece of absolutely vital gear you need is a waterproof coat. Even on the brightest and warmest of days in the British summer, you are wise to stuff a waterproof jacket into your pack, you know, just in case.
But you don’t want anything bulky, because then you’re less likely to actually take it with you. So something like the Fastrack Adults Packaway Jacket by Trespass is ideal. Thin and lightweight, but still useful in a proper rain storm, my friends at Trespass were kind enough to send me one to try out.
Sat in my little tent with a cuppa while the rain spits and the wind blows.
And try it out I did. The first time I grabbed this to take to work just in case we had the most almighty rain shower in our lunch break – I had to change my shoes, socks and trousers after getting caught outside when the heaven’s opened (yes, I keep such things in my desk drawer at work!). But my body, arms and head were all quite happy thanks to this little number. Phew!
LincsGeek thought I should test the jacket with a hose pipe. Hmmmm.
Despite coming up a bit on the large side (it’s a unisex jacket which I didn’t bear in mind when I was choosing my size – I am normally a 12 and went for the medium; it’s not too big, just a bit oversized), I really like my new purple raincoat. It’s lightweight, has elasticated cuffs and hem, has a “window” at the back to help prevent you feeling damp on the inside when it’s muggy, and has a couple of decent sized pockets with zips. And of course it packs up really small and stuffs into whatever pack or transport you’re using. It’s great for walking around town as well as getting out in the countryside, and being lightweight will also be handy for the cycle commute too. All in all it’s a very practical jacket and one that has quickly become part of my everyday arsenal against the British weather.
The Trespass Fastrack Packaway Jacket. I really shouldn’t try to “model” anything!
Win this Trespass Waterproof Jacket
Want one of these jackets yourself? Trespass share my desire to encourage you to get outdoors, and so I am very excited to team up with them to giveaway one of their Fastrack Packaway Jackets to one of my readers. Nice! The winner will be able to choose the size and colour, naturally, and will receive one of these cool and useful jackets to help you get out and about whatever the weather.
To enter, comment on this post telling me:
What is your favourite way to spend a rainy day outdoors?
You know… what sort of activity would you do while wearing this very waterproof jacket? Maybe your comments will inspire us all to ignore the weather and get outdoors regardless!
You can also get additional entries into the competition by following Trespass and myself on our various social media accounts. Make sure you complete the Rafflecopter widget to confirm your comment and other entries to make sure you are in with a chance of winning my giveaway.
- This competition is run in collaboration with Trespass.
- The prize is one Trespass Fastrack Adults Packaway Jacket. Colour and size to be picked by the winner from the choices available on the Trespass website.
- It is open to UK residents aged 18 and over only. No cash alternative is available to the prize. The final prize is dependent on the stock, sizing and colours available once the winner has been drawn (an equivalent prize may be offered in the unlikely scenario that the size is not in stock.
- The competition closes at midnight on Monday 22 August 2016 (UK time).
- Entry is via the Rafflecopter widget above.
- Members of my immediate family cannot enter (sorry!).
- The winner will be picked at random from all eligible entries.
- The winner must respond to their message from Splodz Blogz within two days.
- Your details will only be used for the purpose of this competition.
- The prize will be sent directly by Trespass.
I will announce the winner over on my twitter account very soon after the competition closes. Good luck!