Have you seen this new scratch map by Maps International? This A3 map of the UK features scenic areas such as National Parks and AONBS, and is a very beautiful and welcome addition to our home office wall.
The Great British Outdoors scratch map shows our 15 National Parks, 54 Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs), and 40 of Scotland’s National Scenic Areas on a map of the UK. That’s 109 (can I count?) natural places to visit here in the UK before you’ve even noticed that they’ve included the UK’s National Nature Reserves too, marked by teeny ducks all over the map!
This lovely green map is designed as a celebration of the natural spaces the UK has to offer, and is certainly a lovely gift for anyone who loves exploring, hiking, camping, or who are generally in the mood to get back in touch with nature. Ideal at the moment!
The premise is, of course, very simple. As with any scratch map, when you’ve visited a National Park or AONB, you scratch that place off the map. I guess the idea is that you do the scratching when you get home, but I took mine along with me to the Quantocks recently (read my weekly blog) to scratch off in the proper location…
I wonder how many you can scratch off straight away, and how long it’ll take you to do the rest? It would make a great personal challenge for 2021… how many of these places can you visit in 12 months? Maybe you’ve got campervan and decide to spend a night in as many of them as possible during the year? Now that would make a rather excellent road trip, exploring the very best of the natural world here in the UK! Please?!
There’s also an option to personalise this map with a message at the bottom if you buy it direct from Maps International, which would make a lovely addition if you’ve giving this to someone.
I genuinely like this map. It’s nicely designed, nicely made, and looks great on the wall next to my Luckies of London Scratch Map of the world. I can imagine these appearing in the homes of lots of my outdoors loving friends this winter, and them coming up with different ways to scratch off the various locations.
If you want to buy your own, you can find the map here at Maps International (from £13), and here on Amazon (affiliate link). Alternatively, keep reading to find out how you can win one in my giveaway…
Great British Outdoors Scratch Map Giveaway
I’ve teamed up with Maps International to offer one Splodz Blogz reader one of these Great British Outdoors Maps of their own.
How to Enter
I’m heading over to Instagram for my giveaway, because I love to see your scenic photos. So, to be in with a chance of winning one of these scratch maps for yourself:
Share a photo you’ve taken in any one of the National Parks, National Scenic Areas, or Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty here in the UK.
For your entry to count, you must include the following line as part of your caption:
“Entering the @Splodz and @MapsInter #CollectAndScratch giveaway.”
You must also be following me over there to win.
Your photo could be of any of the places within any of the 109 places marked up on the Great British Outdoors scratch map – I’m sure you’ve got a snap hanging around that would be just perfect.
And that’s it! You have just over a week to share your photos and enter the giveaway – the competition closes at 6pm on Sunday 15 November, and I will draw the winner as soon after then as I can, so that you can have your map and get scratching!
- The prize is one Great British Outdoors Scratch Map by Maps International. There is no cash alternative.
- The competition is open to UK residents only.
- The competition closes at 6pm on Sunday 15 November. I will draw the winner as close to this time as I can manage.
- Entry is by sharing a relevant photo on your own Instagram account including the information written above – this makes it super easy for me to find your entry.
- You must be following me (@Splodz) on Instagram for your entry to count.
- Follows, shares and comments on my social media feeds are wonderful (please?!), but they don’t count as entry into this competition.
- There is one entry per person regardless of the number of photos you share.
- The winner will be picked at random from all eligible entries. It is not necessarily my favourite or the best photo.
- Members of my immediate family cannot win, but are free to share pics.
- I will contact the winner via DM on Instagram (as that is where the entries are based). You must respond to this message within two days, after which I reserve the right to re-draw.
- The prize will be sent directly by my contact at Maps International.
- Your details will only be used for the purposes of this competition.
- I will announce the winner publicly on social media very soon after the competition closes.
With thanks to Maps International for gifting me one of these scratch maps, and for donating one for my giveaway.