Who doesn’t like having nice things? I’ve been really trying to reduce the amount of “stuff” I have cluttering up the place, but there is definitely still room in my life for good stuff and nice treats. So the currently loving blog series continues. Here are ten of the things I am enjoying right now. Bring on the flat lay…
1. My collection of Buff neck tubes has been featured in my Currently Loving before, but did you know they also made beanie hats? It’s a new venture, and they’ve definitely hit the ground running. This is the Buff Margo in Orange and I absolutely love it. Apparently it’s best for temperatures between 0 and minus 20 – no excuses for not enjoying the outdoors when it’s cold outside 🙂
2. You already know I’m in love with snacking. I recently discovered these new Nakd nibbles – little rabbit poo sized nuggets of squished up nuts and fruit with great flavour. These two are my current favourite – the coconut ones and the salted caramel ones. I’m yet to try the full range, though, there are more to choose from. I found these in the “healthy snacks” section in my local Sainsburys – 75p a bag. They’ll be perfect for hiking and for keeping on the motorcycle when we’re on our trip later.
3. I am a big fan of chocolate. In fact I have expensive taste in chocolate. Right now I’m really loving these two – the Lindt Caramel with Sea Salt (Dark) and the Green & Blacks Thin Milk with Caramel. Get a salted caramel theme here? Yea, true. The Lindt, being dark, offers a really strong chocolate hit that is just perfect with a cup of tea when you get that 3pm slump. The Green & Blacks is totally moorish so take a square and put the rest out of reach.
4. My aim in life is to be an extraordinary kind of ordinary. And I use my bucket list to help me do that. I know some of you hate the idea of these “before you die” lists, but mine, which I also refer to as my “to try list” or “say yes list”, is the very thing that keeps me in smiles and memories. Come and join me… Write your list, share it with your family and friends, and just watch the experiences build up.
5. The other week I went back to my old alarm clock for a few days and realised how much difference the Lumie Bodyclock Active has made to my morning routine. Any tiny bit of scepticism that remained since I started using this at Christmas has vanished, and I am a total convert. The Lumie allows me to wake up gently and naturally, meaning that 6am on a work day isn’t a shock every day like it used to be. I wrote a blog post about it.
6. I don’t know why I am so late to the Tangle Teezer party, but I finally gave in a few days ago and am so pleased I did. I’m genuinely very impressed with the little bristles, it de-tangles and smooths my fine easily broken hair with ease. I plumped for the “men’s” version of the travel brush, which is actually exactly the same as the women’s one but a much more me pewter colour. I’ve not reached for another brush since I got this one, and know it’ll be perfect to bung in my travel bag for our road trip.
7. I can’t believe that this Soap & Glory Calm One Calm All bubble bath hasn’t made it into a Currently Loving already. My all time favourite bath product, I love to soak in this stuff any day of the week, but try to save it for post-hiking or stress-relieving bathing. It’s subtle marshmallow scent is relaxing in itself, and it provides a whole load of bubbles to moisturise and wash your body. Bliss.
8. Look at me with a beauty favourite this month… This is the Garnier Micellar Water. It’s an absolute breakthrough for me. Well, nearly. I use it to clean off all my makeup in the evening when I get home from work or before I go to bed. With a couple of cotton wool pads it helps me wipe my face clean without any pulling on my face (like you get from baby wipes, my previous go-to). It hasn’t got rid of all my spots of course, but I do think it cleans my face better than anything I’ve used before.
9. Please tell me I’m not the only one who always packs slipper socks whenever they go away – even for one night?! Yes, I love my slippers, but slipper socks are so cosy and so portable. It might be spring by date, but it’s still pretty cold and one of the best ways to keep your core warm is to keep your feet warm. Pull on some thick and fluffy slipper socks, sit back, relax, and smile.
10. This one is for all of you in Lincoln or visiting Lincoln any time soon. Or Grimsby, I think there’s one in Grimsby. Eskimoo sells the BEST milkshakes I’ve ever had. Way better than Shake Away and in fact any other milkshake shop I’ve tried. They make their cups of goodness from ice cream, whole milk and your choice of sweet ingredients. Seriously good. Seriously naughty. It’s all about balance! If you’re in the area, give one a go, and let me know what you think. And yes, these are vouchers… and no you can’t have one!
What do you think? Any of these things make it onto your currently loving lists? What does? Comment below.